Skip to main content

We DON'T got the SUGARS!!!!

I'm happy to announce that I don't have gestational diabetes. I am beyond thrilled. I am able to eat freely, enjoy my pregnancy, and have a piece of mind that my baby is healthy. This news has come just in time for my birthday and vacation. Although, I can't wait to eat, I'm more aware of the effect my diet has on my baby. After vacation will be the perfect time to redirect my efforts to healthy eating and an healthy lifestyle. I'm looking forward to swimming; the pool has been closed all summer. I'm also looking forward to enjoying the remainder of my pregnancy. I'm interested in hyponobirthing. The focus with hyponobirthing is to remain relaxed and enjoy the moment. Pregnancy, birth, and postpartum  are to all be enjoyable times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The few, the proud, the BRAVE!!

9/7/15   00:03 Labor day weekend is usually a family centered weekend. The Caribbean culture parade ,on the first Monday of September, has served as an unofficial family reunion day since I could remember. It is also a time that I see other friends not affiliated with Caribbean culture because of the day off. Needless to say, Labor Day has it's place in my top 4 holidays with Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter in the lead. This labor day weekend has been especially amazing this year because I have been able to celebrate the births of two special young ladies, Logan and Brave. Brave made her way on the scene on 9/5. I was elated. I am still in shock that my best friend has a baby of her own. I was so excited, that I haven't been sleeping. Instead I've been in full baby mode: reading books, looking for sales, reading reviews, registering at my hospital, and creating my birth plan. Me and Ashley, Brave's mother, have spent hours talking about what we wanted for our bi

My Birth Story: Every type of birth possible

Early First Stage Labor 11/2/15               02:47 I'm either tripping or these are real contractions. I don't actually like the word contractions because throughout the last trimester I started to get tightening of the uterus. They were real, but they were not like these: painful. I decided not to time anything because of the last few false alarms I had over the last few weeks. They actually weren't false alarms if I knew that real contractions start off as painful period cramps. I was under the impression that labor starts off as tightening then builds up to pain in later stages.  For pain relief I'm doing fine with breathing, using Arlinton as a heating pad, and trying not to freak out. I'm distracting myself by trying to sleep. I know it's very early labor because it's very tolerable and I have a good feeling at the end of each contraction; almost like refreshing goosebumps. 11/2/15               16:01 It's been about 14 hours later and